Historical Sources Online
- 1793, The Works of the Late Dr. Benjamin Franklin, Dublin. 303 pages.
- 1800, The Works of the Late Dr. Benjamin Franklin, City Illegible, 471 pages
- 1909 Charles Elliot edition, “Free Plain Vanilla” online text of Autobiography at archive.org.
- 1916 Autobiography, Henry Holt Edition, a lovely digital edition with illustrations and footnotes. Gutenberg.org was offline briefly on April 11, 2019.
Other Current Sources
- Papers, Stepwise: From www.franklinpapers.org, select Digital Edition, then FranklinPapers.org, then click to agree.
Alternate routes: Packard Humanities Institute digital text archive and/or the PHI homepage.
- Posts under category of Sources